The Hauts-de-France, in the heart of Europe, is France’s leading automotive region
It represents :
- 30% of national vehicle production
- 50% of national motor and gearbox production
- The top region in France for the production of electric and hybrid vehicles
- 7 manufacturing sites including RENAULT, PSA, and TOYOTA.
- more than 400 suppliers and service providers
- 55,000 professionals (including 6,000 dedicated to R&D)
Valenciennes is one of the four flagship areas dedicated to the automotive industry.
International leaders have established operations in the region: RENAULT, PSA, TOYOTA, VALEO, BRIDGESTONE, FAURECIA, PLASTIC OMNIUM, etc.
This includes many actors who participate in the structuring and development of the sector.
Among these actors :
- ARIA, Association Régionale de l’Industrie Automobile, bringing together manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, suppliers of goods and services, design offices, engineering schools and secondary schools, etc. It supports all the players in the sector to prepare them for their future by promoting their development, particularly through competitiveness.
- i-Trans, an innovation centre for sustainable land transport, whose strategic areas for the automotive industry are oriented towards new motorisation, cabin comfort and acoustics, flexible and intelligent equipment production chains, as well as passenger mobility.
- The presence in the region of the mechanical and plastics centres of excellence as well as the EURAMATERIALS innovation centre is an undeniable asset for the automotive industry.